Scholarship applications for the 2023-2024 academic year have closed. Application for the 24-25 academic year will open October 1st.
Renewal forms & acceptance forms for scholarship recipients are due July 31st!
Please contact Ben Kinion (BenK@wycf.org) if you have any questions!
Different deadlines operate for Lauren P. Miller apprenticeship scholarships and McMurry grants.
Guide to Applying
for a WYCF Scholarship
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for WYCF scholarships. Read it carefully before applying. In addition, our resources page has many useful tools, including cost calculators for colleges and towns across Wyoming and advice on application writing, applying for financial aid in general, and other parts of the financial aid process.
Questions? Contact Ben Kinion (BenK@wycf.org | 307-721-8300).
Best of luck on your application!
Find out if you’re eligible for one or more WYCF scholarships using this table.
Be sure to click the scholarship name for full details.
Wyoming Community Foundation Scholarships
|Scholarship Name||Educational status||Resident/graduate of||Institution||Field||GPA|
|Carns Nursing||Graduating senior, Undergraduate**||Wyoming||Any in WY||Nursing||3.0|
|Lauren P. Miller||Any||Wyoming||Apprenticeship||Various|
|Path-away||Graduating senior||Albany County||Out of state||Any||various|
|Buchler||Graduating senior||Casper||Any in WY||Any||2.0|
|Haight||Graduating senior||Campbell Co. & Thunder Basin H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Cody Youth Council||Graduating senior||Cody H.S. & Heart Mountain Ac.||Any||Any||2.7|
|Anderson||Graduating senior||Evanston H.S.||U.W.||Any|
|Wobig||Graduating senior||Glenrock H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Pirtle (Job's Daughters)||Any||Green River||Any||Any|
|Piz||Graduating senior||Kemmerer H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Tillett||Any||Lovell H.S.||No trade schools||Science or business|
|Vera Sargent||Any||Lovell H.S.||Northwest C.C.||Any|
|Chard||Graduating senior||Niobrara County H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Albert||Graduating senior**||Niobrara County H.S.||Any||Any||2.5|
|Huston||Graduating senior||Pinedale H.S.||Any||Any||2.5|
|Platte County||Graduating senior||Platte County||Any||Any||2.5|
|Spicer||Graduating senior||Sweetwater County||Any||More info||3.0|
|Morris||Graduating senior**||Upton H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Kiesling||Any**||Newcastle H.S./Upton H.S.||Four-year college||Engineering or nursing||3.0|
|Dickey||Any**||Weston County||Most WY colleges||More info||2.5|
Do some preparation. Prepare your answers in advance and get someone to read over them.
See our resources page for useful info on writing, finances, etc.
- Here are questions you’ll be asked for all scholarships. These will appear on the Common Application.
- Many scholarships have additional questions that you will see after completing the Common Application. To see these, click on the scholarship name in the table above.
- Those links also let you know about reference letters. (Be sure to ask your references about writing letters in advance!)
- Collect info for the financial aid affidavit.
- You’ll need to know your Hathaway status, no matter which scholarship you’re applying for.
Read a few important details.
Here they are:
- When you apply, read everything in the application. Every detail is important.
- If you think the system gives you the wrong result at any point, or if you have any questions at all, email or call Ben Kinion (BenK@WYCF.org | (307) 721-8300) ASAP.
- Scholarship money is sent to your institution, not to you.
- WYCF allows you to accept multiple scholarships, but your institution may not. Check with them!
- Make sure you’ve checked out the resources page. There’s a lot of useful stuff there!
- Applicants will be notified of outcomes on or before Monday, May 5th, 2023.
APPLY for a WYCF scholarship! If you have NOT applied before using our online system, you will create a new username and password. If you have applied before, you will use your existing username and password. Please e-mail Ben Kinion (BenK@wycf.org) if you have any questions.
Mission: Connecting people who care with causes that matter to build a better Wyoming.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00-5:00
Address: 1472 N. 5th Street, Suite 201
Laramie, WY 82072