Guide to Applying
for a WYCF Scholarship
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for WYCF scholarships. Read it carefully before applying. In addition, our resources page has many useful tools, including cost calculators for colleges and towns across Wyoming and advice on application writing, applying for financial aid in general, and other parts of the financial aid process.
Questions? Contact Ben Kinion (BenK@wycf.org | 307-721-8300).
Best of luck on your application!
Find out if you’re eligible for one or more WYCF scholarships using this table.
Be sure to click the scholarship name for full details.
Wyoming Community Foundation Scholarships
|Scholarship Name||Educational status||Resident/graduate of||Institution||Field||GPA|
|Carns Nursing||Graduating senior, Undergraduate**||Wyoming||Any in WY||Nursing||3.0|
|Lauren P. Miller||Any||Wyoming||Apprenticeship||Various|
|Path-away||Graduating senior||Albany County||Out of state||Any||various|
|Buchler||Graduating senior||Casper||Any in WY||Any||2.0|
|Haight||Graduating senior||Campbell Co. & Thunder Basin H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Cody Youth Council||Graduating senior||Cody H.S. & Heart Mountain Ac.||Any||Any||2.7|
|Anderson||Graduating senior||Evanston H.S.||U.W.||Any|
|Wobig||Graduating senior||Glenrock H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Pirtle (Job's Daughters)||Any||Green River||Any||Any|
|Piz||Graduating senior||Kemmerer H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Vera Sargent||Any||Lovell H.S.||Northwest C.C.||Any|
|Chard||Graduating senior||Niobrara County H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Albert||Graduating senior**||Niobrara County H.S.||Any||Any||2.5|
|Huston||Graduating senior||Pinedale H.S.||Any||Any||2.5|
|Platte County||Graduating senior||Platte County||Any||Any||2.5|
|Spicer||Graduating senior||Sweetwater County||Any||More info||3.0|
|Morris||Graduating senior**||Upton H.S.||Any||Any||3.0|
|Kiesling||Any**||Newcastle H.S./Upton H.S.||Four-year college||Engineering or nursing||3.0|
|Dickey||Any**||Weston County||Most WY colleges||More info||2.5|
- For an example application click here.
- Many of our scholarships have additional essays or other questions. Clicking on the scholarship name above will bring you to that scholarship’s specific details.
- Collect info for the financial aid affidavit.
- You’ll need to know your Hathaway status, no matter which scholarship you’re applying for.
Read a few important details.
Here they are:
- When you apply, read everything in the application. Every detail is important.
- If you think the system gives you the wrong result at any point, or if you have any questions at all, email or call Ben Kinion (BenK@wycf.org | (307) 721-8300).
- If you are awarded a scholarship, please note that scholarship awards are sent to your institution. We begin sending scholarship awards in early July.
- WYCF allows you to accept multiple scholarships, but your institution may not. Please check with your institution on their policy on External Scholarships (WYCF is considered an external scholarship provider) and other financial aid guidelines they have in place.
- Make sure you’ve checked out the resources page. There’s a lot of useful stuff there!
- Applicants will be notified of outcomes on or before Monday, May 6th, 2024.
APPLY for a WYCF scholarship!
- If you have NOT applied before using our online system, you will create a new username and password (we recommend using a personal email address for highschool applicants who may lose access to their high schools’ email system after graduation.
- If you have applied before, you will use your existing username and password.
- Please contact Ben Kinion (BenK@wycf.org | 307-721-8300) if you have any questions.