Know Before Applying
Because of donor support, in 2022 WYCF granted over $8 million to nonprofits across the state. Click the links below to learn more about applying for a grant.
Three Questions to Ask Before Applying for a Grant
1. When can I apply for a grant?
|Application Deadline Dates||Notification Dates|
|March 15||June 15|
|September 15||December 15|
*Other specific guidelines may apply for specific grants.
2. Am I eligible to receive a grant?
- Nonprofit organizations exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Confirm your nonprofit status here.
- On occasion, to public/governmental agencies.
- Grants are not made to individuals or for the purpose of supporting political campaigns.
3. How much can I request?
Most grant amounts awarded are between $1,000-$10,000, with other amounts considered. An organization may receive full funding, partial funding, or be denied funding. In some cases, additional conditions may be attached to funding approval. If you are uncertain as to how much to request, we encourage you to contact staff to discuss request amounts (307-721-8300 | email@example.com).
WYCF accepts one application per organization for any given grant deadline and a final report must be submitted prior to submitting a new grant request. Additionally, a grantee shall limit their application to one time per year, based on the submission date, unless granted permission otherwise. For example, a grantee submitting an application in March of 2023 and receiving funds in June of 2023 may not reapply until March of 2024.