VERA ASAY SARGENT SCHOLARSHIP
ABOUT VERA ASAY SARGENT
Vera Asay Sargent was born and raised in Lovell, Wyoming. Vera was a single mother raising three children, two girls and one boy, during the 30s, 40s, and 50s. She worked for the CB&Q railroad and held down various other jobs in Lovell, just to make ends meet. She was a special lady and her main goal was to get her children through high school and into college. She accomplished this.
It was during the 50s that the railroad transferred her to Worland. This was where she met and married Newell B. Sargent and together they built one of the largest Pepsi Cola companies in the Rocky Mountain region. They were both very involved in community activities in Worland.
The intent of this scholarship is to honor Mrs. Vera Asay Sargent while she is still alive and leave an everlasting memory of her. Scholarships are awarded to graduates of Lovell High School who are currently attending or planning to attend Northwest Community College in Powell. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of need and are intended to assist a student as he or she begins college.
About This Scholarship
- Amount distributed: Two $2,500 scholarships for one-academic year
- Specific to graduates of Lovell High School that plan to attend Northwest College
- Financial need must be demonstrated by completing the Financial Aid Affidavit on the application
- Deadline is March 1st
- This is a one-year scholarship
- Funds are paid directly to the accredited educational institution and not the individual
- This scholarship may be accepted in addition to other awards
- Student must be enrolled as a full-time student throughout each semester