This page has a wide range of useful tools to help you with the financial aid process. These will be useful not just for WYCF scholarships, but for other applications as well. Be sure to scroll all the way down to make sure you see everything this page has to offer!
Costs of Attendance for WY Colleges
- Casper College
- Central Wyoming College
- Eastern Wyoming College
- Sheridan & Gillette Colleges
- Laramie County Community College
- Northwest College
- Western Wyoming Community College
- University of Wyoming
- Wyoming Catholic College
- Wind River Tribal College: Information not available. See this college’s website here.
Net Price Calculators for WY Colleges
FAFSA Information and Advice
WYCF scholarships do not require a FAFSA form. Most other financial aid appliactions do, though. We therefore strongly recommend that you complete a FAFSA.
It can be a little overwhelming, though. Here are some useful resources:
Wyoming has put together an excellent FAFSA website. This should be your starting point for FAFSA work.
The “FAFSA guru” has a whole YouTube channel of great advice.
Kantis Simmons has another great channel on college prep, including some FAFSA videos. Here’s one to start with.
Costs of Living:
To help you calculate expenses for off-campus living, you can use the Wyoming Women’s Foundation Self Sufficiency Calculator. This is an excellent tool that can help anyone make personal finance decisions (it is not designed exclusively for women).
Costs of Books:
There are many useful articles on the cost of books, like this one.
Writing a Strong Application
Your whole application needs to be as strong as possible, but it is nearly always the essays that set the winners apart. Good writing is one of the most important skills you can have. Here are some tools to help with writing scholarship application essays:
Click HERE for a guide to writing a strong WYCF scholarship essay.
HERE is a great article from the University of Maryville on writing a good application essay.
Donovan Taplin talks about telling your story (and mental health) in this excellent TEDx talk.
Support for Students with Children
- Casper College affordable childcare and support for single parents
- Central Wyoming College support (under grants, see “Single Parent/Displaced Homemaker/Nontraditional Careers Grant”)
- Western Wyoming Community College on-campus childcare
- LCCC on-campus childcare and scholarships for single parents (see under the “general” tab)
- U.W. on-campus childcare and a program to support single parents
Career Planning Tools
The State of Wyoming offers a Career Coach tool, complete with information to help you plan your finances with different careers. You can find it here.