Georgene Hager Scholarship
Georgene Hager LeBar believed in helping people to help themselves, through education. Georgene was born in 1940 on the Hager Family Ranch in eastern Wyoming near Torrington. She graduated from Torrington High School, and received a bachelor’s degree in Education from Chadron State College and then came to the University of Wyoming to obtain her masters. However, she could not complete this degree due to limited funds and this is something she had always regretted. The Hager family started the Little Moon Lake Supper Club, which was a hot spot for recreation during the 1950’s. This is where she met her husband George N. LeBar. George offered Georgene a job on his ranch near Douglas, Wyoming and later they married in 1974. The couple ranched together for many years, raising cattle and sheep. Georgene Hager is said to have been one tough lady.
About this scholarship:
- Amount distributed are three $5,000 scholarships for four-academic years.
- Specific to graduates of Converse County high schools or GED recipients of Converse County.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Attach most recent transcript to this application.
- Financial need must be demonstrated by completing the Financial Aid Affidavit that is on the last page of the application.
- Selection committee may request personal interview with applicant.
- Deadline date is February 15th.
- This is a four-year scholarship.
- Essay required as outlined on the application.
- Funds are paid directly to the accredited educational institution and not to the individual.
- This scholarship may be accepted in addition to other awards.
- Student must be enrolled as a full-time student each semester.
- Student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.