The purpose of the Path-Away Scholarship Fund is to support graduates of any Albany County high school who wish to further their education at either an accredited four-year state college/university or other accredited four year private/nonprofit college outside the state of Wyoming. The Selection Advisory Committee gives first preference to students who have qualified for the highest level of Wyoming’s Hathaway Scholarship but who wish to attend school out of state. However, all graduates of an Albany County high school who qualify for any level of Hathaway funds but wishes to attend school out of state will be considered.
About This Scholarship:
- The number of scholarships varies based on the number of eligible applicants.
- $3,360 will be awarded each year based on fund availability for Honors. $2,520 will be awarded each year based on fund availability for Performance. $1,680 will be awarded based on fund availability for Opportunity.
- Specific to graduating seniors of a high school in Albany County, Wyoming that wish to leave the state of Wyoming
- Academic Requirements
- Honors- Minimum 3.5 GPA and 25 ACT is required and Curriculum to Quality, listed below.
- Performance- Minimum 3.0 GPA and 21 ACT is required and Curriculum to Qualify, listed below.
- Opportunity- Minimum 2.5 GPA and 19 ACT is required and Curriculum to Qualify, listed below.
- Curriculum to Qualify
- 4 years’ math
- 4 years English
- 4 years’ science including any of the following
- 3 years of social studies (5 content areas must be covered in 3 years)
- 2 years of sequence foreign language
- Attach transcript to this application
- Essay is required and outlined on the applicaiton
- This is a four-year scholarship
- Deadline date is February 15th
- Funds are paid directly to the accredited education institution and not to the individual
- This scholarship may be accepted in addition to other awards
- Student must be enrolled part-time or full-time student throughout each semester
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5