Myron D. Kiesling Scholarship
Myron D. Kiesling was born in Teapot Dome in 1925. His father was working to plug wells on the Dome after the famous scandal, and in 1927, the family moved to Newcastle where his father established Osage Oil Company.
When Myron returned from the Navy after World War II, he entered the business with his father and never had an opportunity to return to school.
Myron actively served his community for 60 years, including on the local hospital board. When he sold his business in 2007, he decided to begin a scholarship that would assist graduates from Weston County in attending college.
With this scholarship, Myron was especially interested in encouraging young people to study engineering and other technical programs.
About This Scholarship:
- Amount distributed is one $2000 scholarship each academic year
- Specific to graduates of Weston County High School who plan to study nursing or engineering (other areas of study are considered). College must be a four year accredited college or university
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Attach most recent transcript to application
- Must demonstrate financial need by completing the Financial Aid Affidavit on the last page of the application
- Deadline is February 15th
- Scholarship must be reapplied for each year
- Funds are paid directly to the accredited institution and not to the individual
- This scholarship may be accepted in addition to other awards
- Students must be enrolled as a part-time student throughout each semester
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout each academic year